If someone tells you that their tattoo didn’t hurt.. They’re full of it!
But there are ways to minimize the pain involved. Here are some tips that will help you deal with the pain.
1. Never show up for your appointment on drugs or drunk. This will make your blood thin, causing you to bleed more.
2. Choose a tattoo artist that you are comfortable around. If you have confidence in your artist it will make the process much easier for everyone involved.
3. Show up at the studio excited about your new ink!!! Tattoos take time- quality work is an art – and should never be rushed.
4. If the pain becomes too much for you to bear, you should let your tattoo artist know immediately. He/she will allow you to take a break, or stop and come back later. You can always break up your sessions, as tattoos don’t need to be finished immediately.
5. Keep yourself occupied while getting your tattoo!! Talk to the artist (but don’t distract him too much!), listen to music, play a game, read a magazine or read our blog (hehe). This way, you are focusing on something other than the tattoo.